Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Rotation Update

So, I think I've got all my family practice rotations figured it! It took long enough...and I had to make a few phone calls to my big wig friends...but I got it done! My school didn't help me out at all....but, whatever. I ended up getting a rotation quite close to home and another rotation in Tennessee where I can stay with my fiance's family. It has all worked out really well!

Now to my new complaint regarding rotations... I can't get any Emergency Medicine rotations worked out yet! It does me no good (other than for the educational benefit) to rotate through the ER here in Des Moines because there are no residency options for me. My best choice is to rotate within hospitals that have ER residency programs....because when I apply and interview, they will already know me!

I'm looking at a few programs in Ohio and will, hopefully, find myself a few ER rotations.

No comments: