Sunday, June 17, 2007

Have You Missed Me?

Well, well, well.....I'm BACK!!!

A lot has happened since my last blog. I finished my "book" portion of medical school (AKA the first two years) and I took my Step 1 COMLEX Board Exam. I got quite a few more rotations scheduled for next year and, best of all, I finally got a little break from studying!!!

In a previous blog, I wrote that I had been accepted to attend the Betty Ford Rehabilitation Center's Summer Institute for Medical Students in Palm Springs, California. Well, I'm here....and it is HOT! My friend, Abby (another DMU student who was accepted for the same week out here) and I couldn't believe that it was THAT hot! But even more than that, we couldn't believe how many people would actually CHOOSE to play golf in this weather!!!

We got in on Saturday, but since the program doesn't start until tomorrow, we decided to rent a car and drive to the coast. Even though MapQuest gave us 18 complex directions to follow, we found our way to Long Beach and had a wonderful time!!! Today we went to Laguna Beach....and after working our way into a gated community, we found both LC's and Kristen's houses. That was probably the highlight of my day. I hate to admit it, but watching 18 year old high school drama on MTV is really quite addicting!!!

Anyways, my program begins in the morning....so I will try to update my blog frequently while I am on this trip. Sorry for the leave of absence from this blog for a while....studying for my board exam actually became a priority!

You all have a wonderful evening!!! Until next time.....

No comments: