Monday, July 23, 2007

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows



As any medical student will tell you, there is one great thing about being done with Step I Boards. TIME OFF!!! Whether it be a week or a full month, it is really nice knowing there is no studying to be done.

I only needed one weekend to finish Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows...and all I can say is WOW!

*** I do solemnly swear not to give away the ending ***

That means you can keep reading!

WARNING: Do NOT read the Wikipedia site regarding this specific book.

The darn thing gives everything away. Glad I found it AFTER I finished the book!!!

You know those movies that you watch and at the end say, "Ooooooohhhhhhhhh." Then you decide you have to watch it again in order to catch everything you missed the first time around? Take, for instance, The Sixth Sense. (I think there are clues in that movie that I would still miss.)

Well, Harry Potter was just that and a whole bag of tricks!!! (*READER IS TO SNAP FINGERS WHILE SAYING THAT*)...(And, I just noticed the well-timed pun that I had right there!) This book brought everything together full-circle. I couldn't put it down...but I didn't want it to end....yet, now, I can go read them all again!

Besides the Bible, this series illustrates the best examples of LOVE, LOYALTY, TRUST, FRIENDSHIP, and HOPE. I feel like I have grown up with Harry Potter. I cried like a baby all weekend long.

If you haven't read these books, shame on you!!! You are missing out on the best stories you could ever read. I, for one, will be reading these to my kids as they fall asleep at night. (NO...I do NOT have kids yet.....I am just saying.....)

CHEERS!! To all the HP Fans!!!
It has been a fun ride!

No comments: