Sunday, August 19, 2007

Hurricane Update




Well, now it looks like the eye of the hurricane is going to pass just south of the Cayman Islands. It has been wobbling back and forth between north and south....so I guess I'm not quite convinced that my family is out of the woods yet.

My whole entire family has been scuba diving in the Cayman Islands for the past couple of weeks. Grandfather, aunts, uncles, cousins, parents, and sisters. Not me. =(

Anyways, when Hurricane Dean took shape and they knew they were in the path of the storm, everyone started trying to find earlier flights off the island. Everyone except my immediate family was able to get off the island safely. My parents and two sisters are now stuck on the island until Friday. They were supposed to come home tomorrow.

The hurricane is going to be around Cayman sometime in the middle of the night tonight. They have gotten some good "hurricane advice" from a family friend, who also happens to be a retired colonel from the Navy Seals, and they are prepared for the worst. They have stocked up on fresh water, have cooked the food they have, and have supplies like candles and flashlights ready. They have all of their bags packed in case of a quick evacuation. My family knows that the weather may get pretty scary tonight...but I am praying for their safety.

I will probably lose contact with my family for the next couple of days. We aren't quite sure yet when the power will be shut down on the island....

Please keep my family in your prayers!!!

And, watch KCCI News Channel 8 tonight at 10:00pm!!! They interviewed my family by phone today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I thought that was your family on KCCI last night from pics I have seen on your blog. I pray that they made it through the night safely! I enjoy reading your blog. Blessings, Jennifer in Grinnell, IA