Monday, August 20, 2007

Hurricane Waves

Well, I heard from my family this morning and afternoon and they are all safe and doing well. The storm started hitting in the middle of the night....with heavy winds and rain. I am just glad that the eye of the hurricane was about 100 miles south of Grand Cayman. I can't imagine what it would have been like, or how I would have felt being back home, if they had been in the way of a direct hit.

When they woke up this morning, there were some trees down around the property. They were not able to get away from the condos...as the curfew had not been lifted yet. They noticed the waves were getting really big....and coming all the way up to the retaining wall that surrounds the condos.

This afternoon, they said the waves were even bigger....crashing up and over the 4 foot retaining wall. For Grand Cayman, and particularly 7 Mile Beach where they are staying, these waves are HUGE!

Here is a video I found on YouTube that shows some of the waves in Grand Cayman today, flooding up and onto the street.



Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers!

And, check out KCCI News Channel 8 for the story on my family!

No comments: