Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Grand Cayman, Here We Come!

My brain is fried.

I just realized that I haven't really had a break since I started my clinical rotations on August 6, 2007. That is 7 months without a break! Well, okay....I had a week off at Christmas...but that holiday is just so dang busy that I can't really count it as a break!

I usually get home from the clinic or hospital and am so tired that I'm hitting the sack by 9pm! Then I wake up at 5:30 or 6am to start it all over again. Is it bad to just want some time AWAY from the patients, lab values, X-rays, physicians, and studying?

My family - including my sister's fiance, my boyfriend, and other sister's friend - are leaving for a week and a half trip to Grand Cayman in one week. I can't wait!!!

Here is a brief list of what I am excited about:

1. Stepping off the plane to the smell of salt water in the air



3. Scuba diving

4. Snorkeling with my boyfriend

5. Cliff diving at Pedro's Castle


6. "Beaching it"

7. Getting tan

8. Playing tennis in the evening

9. Walking along Seven Mile Beach



10. Eating a meat-pie after diving

11. Messing around with my sister's underwater camera


I'd like to say that I won't study at all while I'm there. But in all honesty, I'll probably have some board review books to look through while I'm soaking up the rays. Even though I should take advantage of the sun, I also know that I've only got 6 months before my next medical board exam. YUCK!!!
Anyways, my boyfriend and I will be leaving Tennessee on Monday to drive back home. Then we'll be leaving late Wednesday night to head to Cayman. I'll keep a "vacation diary" while we are gone!!! We'll miss you all!!!

No comments: