Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Finally....a SALARY!!!

Today marked my very first day as a doctor.....as an emergency medicine intern to be exact.....and also the very first day of getting paid. WOO HOO!!!

We began orientation this morning at 10am (not too shabby...still got to sleep in a bit!) and got a full tour of the hospital and facilities. We had multiple lectures regarding insurance, human resources, and the computer system - and we were done by 5pm. Nice! (Although I doubt this will be my typical day!!!)

It was nice to see my classmates (9 of us graduated from med school together) and it was great to meet the other new interns, especially the other ones who will be working in the ER with me. They were all so kind...and all our personalities are similar...so it will be a lot of fun!

I found out my first rotation - beginning July 1 - will be Orthopedics. I like the operating room, so I'm really looking forward to this!!!

Tomorrow is another day of orientation....7:30am until 6pm (that's probably more like it...).
I'll keep ya'll posted!

No comments: